Residents in ALFs are:
• Eighteen years of age or older
• No longer able to live independently in their own home or apartment
• Need assistance or supervision when eating, walking, grooming or in the bathroom
• Need assistance with medication(s)
• Need routine, simple nursing services but not 24-hour nursing services
• Need routine mental health services but not 24-hour nursing services
If this is too great a level of care for you or your loved one, you might consider the alternatives to assisted living facilities.